Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just a Spoon Full of Sugar Helps the Allergies Go Down

If anyone has had the pleasure (or annoyance) of being around me in the spring then you know how bad my allergies are.  I suffer from them year round, but they are especially bad in the spring.  I hate taking medicine of any kind so although Zyrtec, Allegra, and Claritin are all pretty safe...I still hate to take them. An alternative that I heard about a couple of years ago is local honey.  Local as in from around your home.  How does it work?  Well it is pretty much the same concept as allergy shots.  Honey is made from bees.  Bees carry pollen... so when you ingest honey, you are ingesting a small amount of pollen.  Small enough to build some immunity, but not strong enough to cause a reaction.  Over time... your body will build an immunity to those pesty allergies that plague you every spring. 

So...does it work?  For me...yes/maybe.  It doesn't get rid of my allergies totally, but it does get rid of the itchy eyes, throat, and constant itchy sinuses.  For me...that is the worst part - all of that itching!  For others, I have heard that it gets rid of their allergies totally... which is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 
Here are some links for you if you would like to know more!
http://www.localhoneyblog.com/
http://www.bees-online.com/HealthBenefitsOfHoney.htm
http://www.livestrong.com/article/266247-benefits-of-local-raw-honey/

Take a teaspoon daily and try it for yourself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment