Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Let's start off with something simple...

Ok...so before I go into a lengthy blog about natural child birth or fluoride in the water... I thought I would start out with something simple...  That is... homemade deodorant!!!!! Yes... it WORKS!!!!!  I will confess to you, I do not use this (I have no good reason except for the fact that I like the way the deodorant I use smells), but I should!!!  Jeremy uses it every day (and has for the past year or so) and as someone who sweats a lot, he will be the first to say it MOST CERTAINLY works!!!!  So you want to know how???


1. Take a cotton ball

2. Dab it with rubbing alcohol, then wet your underarms with the alcohol

3. Take your pointer finger and dip it in the baking soda then spread it over the underarm area
And you are DONE!  I promise it works...just try it on a day you'll be lounging around the house and you'll see it works!

You might be asking why you should do this.  Well for a couple of reasons...

1.  There are many harmful chemicals in deodorant... check these websites out!
          
      http://www.dyingtolookgood.com/deodorant_danger.html
      http://ezinearticles.com/?Deodorant---Top-7-Ingredients-To-Avoid&id=146987
      
2.  The homemade deodorant is CHHHEEEAAAAPPP (whoop whoop) and lasts a pretty long time (3-6 months or longer).
     
  • cotton balls (100-300 count) =  ~ $1.00
  • rubbing alcohol (16 ounces) = ~ $.75 - $1.00
  • baking soda (1 lb box) = ~ $.48 - $.70
Store bought deodorant can range from $3.00 to $7.00 + and lasts me about a month to month 1/2

3.  With the homemade kind, you don't get that weird, smelly sock odor that comes when the deodorant is just starting to wear off (yeah...YOU KNOW what I am talking about!)

4. It is simple!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment